Friday 7 October 2011

Photoshop Exercises

I already knew how to use the tools required to make this, but it was a good exercise to do nonetheless. They're not tools I use often, so to brush up on them was a nice exercise to do. After using the stock paper and wood background, I added some things of my own I could pluck off the internet. The first is a sticky note, which was simple enough to cut out from the white background it was on. The rest are drawings done with the pen tool, although some bear a few differences.

The computer and the guy in the chair are done by tracing over an image, and the dinosaur coming out from behind the note is drawn free hand. On all of these, I ran across randomly with an opacity-pressured brush, to give an effect of there being a tone difference throughout it. I then used the diffuse filter a couple of times, mimicking the effect of the pen soaking into the paper. It came out alright, I think! I don't use these tools much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment